Located in a strategic position between the center of Venice and the entrance of the port of Lido, Vento di Venezia is a safe and friendly berthing spot, located in the heart of the Lagoon Park. It is also the only recreational dock in Venice that provides a depth of between 3.5 and 6 metres and can accommodate 300 boats up to 60 metres long on floating pontoons equipped with water and electricity supplies, wifi and round the clock security guards.
In short, it is one of the few harbours in the area that is able to accommodate all types of boats, from small 5 metre long vessels to mega yachts with deep draughts.
The marina is an important player in the development of the Island of Certosa, which is located just a few minutes from Piazza San Marco and the centre of Venice and offers transit moorings for those who are just passing through, making it an ideal choice for those who reach the city of art by boat.
Vento di Venezia is fully equipped with all the necessary facilities for your enjoyment, offering a wide range of water sports and recreation in the unique scenery of the Laguna.
Crews, families and guests can stay at the three starred Venice Certosa Hotel, with its laid back atmosphere, just a few metres from the busy Piazza San Marco, with comfortable single and double rooms with views of the lagoon and the park that surrounds the island.
Not to mention the excellent cuisine of “Il Certosino” Restaurant & Bar offering fish and meat menus, using local produce with creativity and originality, marrying traditional Italian and regional Venetian dishes.
For the more adventurous there are numerous possibilities. Vento di Venezia is a nautical centre so you will be able to make use of the:
– School of Venice Kayak, which organises kayaking courses for the whole day or half day, individually or in groups, providing a unique and unusual viewpoint of Venice and its Lagoon.
– Venice Sea School RYA Training Centre (www.rya.org.uk), which organises professional yachting courses ranging from Start Yachting to Yacht Master offshore leading to professional qualifications recognised by the Royal Yachting Association
– ASD Sailing school with courses in sailing for both children and adults.
Getting around on foot:
From the island of Certosa, using public transport you can reach the city centre of Venice and the main tourist attractions such as Murano, Lido and the Biennale, but also smaller and less known islands such as San Servolo, Erasmo, Lazzaretto Nuovo and San Francesco del Deserto. You can also make use of the nearby Lido beach, Cavallino and Pellestrina Sottomarina for a quiet rest or for interesting bicycle routes.
Transportation is guaranteed every 20 minutes from 07:00 to 21:00 and every 30 minutes from 21.00 to around 24.00; from 24.00 to 07.00 there is a free shuttle service to and from St. Helena (at the dock of the Stadium L.Penzo).
Are you ready to set sail? It’s always a good time to visit Venice: book now your berth using this link!
BERTHING CHART FOR THE MARINA VENTO DI VENEZIA
- 300 berths on pontoons suitable for boats from 5 to 60 metres in length;
- Numbered floating docks protected by a 4m wide dam;
- Mooring oriented toward the direction of prevailing winds;
- Supply of water and electricity on the pontoons as well as wi-fi (Venice Connected);
- 6m draught;
- Slipways up to 23t;
- Round the clock mooring assistance;
- Electricians and motor mechanics;
- Nautical maintenance and repair;
- Sail repair;
- Internal and external dry storage;
- Kayak school;
- Sailing school;
- Conference rooms;
- Laundry and toilet waste facilities for customers of the Marina.