There are few weeks left till one of the most important sailing events of the season: the Rolex Capri Sailing Week.
Marinanow invites you to participate and choose your sailing boat from our proposals!
The sailing week will take place from the 5th to the 13th of May 2017 in the beautiful coastal scenery that winds between Naples and Capri.
This important event sponsored by Rolex, like the other Fastnet regattas Sydney/Hobart, is organized by the Italian Yacht Club, the Circle of the Remo, the Vela Italia, the Aniene Club and the Capri Yacht Club.
To kick things off there will be the 63rd edition of the Three Gulf Race, which starts at midnight from the quays of the Circolo del Remo and Vela Italia in Naples, after an opening lunch and wishing good luck to all the participants.
The boats will sail for about 150 miles, crossing the Gulf of Naples and touching Gaeta and Salerno, turning around the islands of Ponza and Li Galli to reach Capri (between Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th)
In this beautiful island, the contestants will be hosted for two days, awaiting the start of the other two scheduled events to be held from the 10th to 13th of May:
- The National Championship of the Tyrrhenian Sea: the 11th edition in the waters of the Gulf of Naples. More than 50 boats are expected in the various categories, including the “Grand Cruise”
- The Mylius Cup: Open to all Mylius builds from 2003 onwards, from the first 37′ to the last 76′; Will run in IRC on coastal routes or booms
- The Farr 40 Class Regatta: reserved for the fleet of monotypes crafted by the famous Bruce Farr
The event has nearly 100 boats already registered. Boats that by their technical characteristics are the favourites and will contend the title are:
- Farewell the largest registered boat, The Southern Wind 100 of the Aniene Canottieri Club, 30.48 metres long,
- Rosalba, by Riccardo Pavoncelli, with the colors of the C.R.V. Italy, an Imoca 60 of 18.30 metres, built in carbon, born in 2002 as a Hexagon for the world’s solitary ride and aiming to beat the race record thanks to its light weight.
- Oscar 3, the Mylius 65 of 19.81 metres of the YC Punta Ala, recently built as the project of the Neapolitan architect Alberto Simeone for his debut at sea
- Itacentodue, the fastest 61-foot designed by Felci bearing the flag of the Italian Yacht Club
- Vahinè, the First 45 of the owner Francesco Rapone with the colours of the Yacht Club Capri and the port of Capri, which will be in the water thanks to the collaboration with Capri Marina to defend the title achieved at the Tyrrhenian CN last year
The whole week will be packed with events and moments of sharing and fun for all participants. These include:
- The Cocktail Fideuram that will take place on May 4th on the terraces of Circolo Italia
- The toast that will take place in Capri on May 9th
- On Wednesday 10th the welcoming cocktail hosted by the Yacht Club Capri and the Mylius Shipyard will be held at Augusto Gardens.
- On Friday the most exclusive event: Rolex Owners Gala Dinner at Hotel Quisisana, for shipowners and a selected list of guests.
On Saturday, May 13th, at 5pm, the final prize of this important week will take place. In the evening, participants will be guests at the “Anema and Core” Tavern owned by Guido Lembo.
In short, an event you can not miss in one of the most beautiful locations in the Mediterranean!